UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 10:13:22 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Here is a big girl.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Here is a big girl.  ( 2957 )
Grebo
YaBB God

: 2020

From the Costa Del Wotsit. Espania

« : June 25, 2010, 06:29:31 AM »

For those of you who like em BIG  :P
Onyx of Berlin.  45metres  :o Goodness knows how long that mast is. ???
The OH has electronics to fix & I got some cushions to do next year   ;D

I will get a better piccy, this one is a snap from my phone.

bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #1 : June 25, 2010, 02:09:01 PM »

That's a substantial vessel, all right!  Sloop with cutter rig?
Grebo
YaBB God

« #2 : June 28, 2010, 02:10:40 AM »

Yeh sure is, the owner is an arquitect he had it built for him. Big boat for one person  ::)

PDQ

: 180

« #3 : June 28, 2010, 08:14:09 AM »

She's a biggie for sure, and a beauty!

The only 45m I've ever worked on was Helena C, originally the Malcolm Miller and sister ship to the Sir Winston Churchill.

Here's a very short vid I took of her during a refit on Southampton Water back in 2004

Note the templated hatch hood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zldeJNM52A0
Grebo
YaBB God

« #4 : June 28, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »

She's a biggie for sure, and a beauty!

The only 45m I've ever worked on was Helena C, originally the Malcolm Miller and sister ship to the Sir Winston Churchill.

Here's a very short vid I took of her during a refit on Southampton Water back in 2004

Note the templated hatch hood.

No contest, Now thats a real boat  ;)

PDQ

: 180

« #5 : June 28, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »

How about this then;

I needed to stroll over to the marina today to tidy up a couple of loose ends on a hood I fitted earlier and at the same time I thought I would look around for something interesting to snap to post in this thread. I had a couple of boats in mind but I couldn't work out the best way to get to them, so I stopped for second or two next to a line of boats that were on the hard. and just as I was about to set off again. the boat I was standing next to caught my eye, I looked up and couldn't believe what I was looking at...

...Only one of Britain's most famous yachts, Sir Francis Chichester's Gypsy Moth IV.  :o  :o

We should rename this thread to 'Did You See Anything Good Today' and place a sticky on it.
Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5630

some days are better than others

« #6 : June 28, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »

Sweet lines. I think either of the "Bluenoses" would have to trim their sails to keep up with that.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #7 : June 29, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »

I was thinking about that big girl you posted, Grebo.  Doesn't that seem like an awfully big boat for a sloop rig?  I should think a split rig, like a ketch would make for a more seaskindly boat.  Most of the big boats I see are split rigs. 
Grebo
YaBB God

« #8 : June 30, 2010, 01:59:18 AM »

I was thinking about that big girl you posted, Grebo.  Doesn't that seem like an awfully big boat for a sloop rig?  I should think a split rig, like a ketch would make for a more seaskindly boat.  Most of the big boats I see are split rigs. 
Yes I would agree, it makes a whole lot of problems with that height.

R.A.F. CaNvAs

: 57

« #9 : July 01, 2010, 01:58:14 PM »

On the subject of big ones.....
       Sorry no pix of my own (too rushed to get it all done)  and only exterior covers on the outside seating areas ..... But what a fkn monster all 191ft of floating carbon.
Apparently the largest carbon fibre yacht to date,
 and still a cutter rigged sloop.  I'm sure you will see the more pix button.

http://www.superyachts.com/news/sailing-yacht-kokomo:-sophisticated-style-onboard-the-58m-super-sloop-559.htm
 :o
« : July 01, 2010, 05:09:16 PM R.A.F. CaNvAs »
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines