UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 02:10:55 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Lost a big job last week
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Lost a big job last week  ( 4441 )
mike802
YaBB God

: 1305

I'm a llama!

« #15 : July 29, 2010, 08:48:45 AM »

Vu: 
I probably just not completely understand this liability issue, but I do need to invent something that will make buying fabrics from me more attractive then buy it somewhere else.

If you come up with something please let the rest of us in on it.  The trouble with using COM is we really do not know what the customer has.  Products usually sell for less money for a good reason. It could be someone decided to sell wholesale to the public, or they are peddling seconds.  The possibility that a second my not be noticed until it falls apart within a short amount of time is to great not to warn our customers.  I view it as protecting my customer from a costly mistake, and also protecting my reputation.  My profit is based on my labor, so fabric sale's are an extra bonus. 

A very important aspect to consider is if a customer supplies their own fabric and the shop owner assumes responsibility for the fabric and he, or she makes a mistake the shop owner must buy more fabric, if it is available at all at full cost.  If the shop owner supplies the fabric and makes a mistake that fabric can be replaced at wholesale.  The general public views us as professionals and pro's never mess up right?  If its COM the customer knows you messed up, even if we pay for more fabric.  If its shop supplied fabric the customer never knows about the screw up and we can keep our professional image.  That is worth paying for, but buying your customers fabric for them is not a sound business plan.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines