UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 03:10:00 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+ My Community
|-+ General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+ General Discussion
| | |-+ Slashed roof. (car stuff)
« previous next »
: [1]
: Slashed roof. (car stuff)  ( 2035 )
Grebo
YaBB God

: 2021

From the Costa Del Wotsit. Espania

« : June 28, 2010, 10:42:43 AM »

Hey boys & girls, I don't do cars BUT.
My neighbour has a Mitsubishi eclipse rag top (this years)  with two 6" slashes on one side of the roof, one of which just go's through the second layer, inner roof ?
He has been quoted 4000, I guess that's a whole new roof ?
Is it feasible to go a decent patch job ?  & whats it take to get it off the frame ?
If you need piccys, it's about 100yards from me, so no problem there.  ;D

fragged8
Global Moderator
YaBB God

: 2140

I didn't do it nobody saw me do it , prove it !!

« #1 : June 28, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »

hi

just make him a bimini  ;D

rich

mike802
YaBB God

: 1305

I'm a llama!

« #2 : June 28, 2010, 02:34:08 PM »

Hi Grebo:  I am not sure how that translates into dollars, but sounds expensive to me.  I can do most convertible tops for $2500.00 or less, but I admit to never having worked on that car.  Tops do not patch well and I would highly recommend replacing the top.  All those staple holes will weaken the top and I would not guarantee it to stay in place a highway speeds.  Most tops are stapled onto the frame, but like I said, I have never installed a top on that make and model.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com
jojo
YaBB God

: 621

« #3 : June 28, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »

What a coincidence! Just got the June/July Upholstery Journal today, and that very car is mentioned in an article about the three categories of convertible top replacement: Least expensive/time consuming, more difficult/time consuming, and most difficult. The eclipse falls into the more time consuming category. There are some pictures of the disassembly, and they promise more details on their website.
Grebo
YaBB God

« #4 : June 29, 2010, 07:31:17 AM »

What a coincidence! Just got the June/July Upholstery Journal today, and that very car is mentioned in an article about the three categories of convertible top replacement: Least expensive/time consuming, more difficult/time consuming, and most difficult. The eclipse falls into the more time consuming category. There are some pictures of the disassembly, and they promise more details on their website.

Cool.  Is that the one you can get on line access to ?

Good point I hadn't thought of the speed of the thing. mike

Grebo
YaBB God

« #5 : June 29, 2010, 10:44:31 AM »

Cor just found it...
Think I might give this one a miss  :o

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines