UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 01:10:00 AM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  I need to find a source for aluminum seat back brackets...
« previous next »
: [1]
: I need to find a source for aluminum seat back brackets...  ( 1679 )
Pegasus2007

: 146

« : August 30, 2010, 06:37:57 AM »

Good morning everyone.  I need to add a backrest to an existing leaning post.  I am looking for two fixed aluminum bent brackets (slightly more than 90 degrees)  to mount under the leaning post so that I can attach a backrest.  I have done many searches and can only find the hinged type of bracket.  What I'm looking for is just bent aluminum bar.  Do I have to have my local aluminum shop make these for me or do you know of a source for them?  Any help would be appreciated.  Russell.
fragged8
Global Moderator
YaBB God

: 2140

I didn't do it nobody saw me do it , prove it !!

« #1 : August 30, 2010, 06:44:19 AM »

hiya

Would it not be possible to make some ?

with Ali you will need to aneal it to bend it, get a bar of soap and wet it and coat the ali in the soap all over.

then heat it with a blow torch until the soap goes black and it will be the correct temp to bend it without stressing it. When the corner is bent the working of the corner will harden it again.

very easy to do at home.
Rich

Mojo
YaBB God

: 4100

I'm Always In Trouble

« #2 : August 30, 2010, 07:19:18 AM »

Your going to laugh but........

Whenever I need a chrome or aluminum bracket I head to my local truck shop and go into the hardware section. They have all kinds of brackets to mount all kinds of different thing with from mirrors to antennas.

Chris
fragged8
Global Moderator
YaBB God

: 2140

I didn't do it nobody saw me do it , prove it !!

« #3 : August 30, 2010, 07:42:36 AM »

makes a lot of sence to me  ;)

JuneC
YaBB God

: 3996

« #4 : August 30, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »

Hey Russell, how's it going in the Keys?  I've had good luck with Springfield seat parts.  They have a great selection of swivels.  They sell mostly bass boat stuff, but some parts are universal.

http://www.springfieldgrp.com/BackSupports_108_degree_straight_bend.htm

Land n Sea carries their stuff.

June

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields
Pegasus2007

: 146

« #5 : September 03, 2010, 06:20:07 AM »

Thanks to you all! June, I found out that I can buy a set of these for $20 from your source.  Thanks tons! Russell.
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines