UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 08:06:23 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| |-+  The Business Of Upholstery
| | |-+  Standard Labor Hours
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Standard Labor Hours  ( 6932 )
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #15 : October 27, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »

And I'm a living testimony as to why "too many windows" can be a bad thing, lol!  I wanted this to be posted under Rich's thread on tracking "productive hours"!

What a ding-dong.  Sorry 'bout that, folks. 
Mike8560

« #16 : October 30, 2010, 04:19:10 PM »

I'd like to know how to make ends meet on $40.00/HR labor charge.
Rich

$ 40 is way under what  i charge
west coast

: 182

I'm a llama!

« #17 : November 27, 2010, 11:02:07 PM »

Shop rate is 85 an hour here and thats low compared to other shops and I charge 100% on fabric most others are charging 150 or more. My rates are going up.
OneBoneHead

: 93

« #18 : November 30, 2010, 02:34:06 AM »

I've pushed my prices up to about as high as they can go. I get about 90 to %95 turn rate now as apposed to about 70% with lower prices. I get a lot of "Wow that's a lot more then new." I've been telling people, new furniture is like a Hungry Man Turkey TV dinner. It's good for times you don't feel like cooking and you don't have much in the cupboards but not what you would expect for Thanksgiving at Grandma's.   

Funny how I came up with that was, the other day while surfing the web, I found a photo of an old style aluminum tray tv dinner and thought that's modern furniture. I should keep that in mind when talking to someone who want to buy new for the low price.  It look good in the picture on the box but once you see what comes out of the over, it's not that exciting.
Rich
YaBB God

: 1125

I'm a llama!

« #19 : December 01, 2010, 08:43:26 PM »

That TV dinner analogy is a good one. I've thought of also comparing the new stuff to movie sets. It looks fine and lasts just as long as it's needed, but that's about it.
Rich

Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines