UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 02:16:03 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The "GREEN" Room!
| | | |-+  hi guys , newbie here from the uk.
« previous next »
: [1]
: hi guys , newbie here from the uk.  ( 1838 )
stumpy1972uk1

« : October 15, 2010, 04:55:33 PM »

hi guys , thought id show you all the seats im working on at the moment. im no professional upholsterer but im praticing alot , actually a refrigeration engineer by trade, first bucket seats ive ever done. these are being done for a mate with a well known drag racing van over here in the uk

as it arrived to mine

after removing the shabby worn covers

replaced the wood slats in the base

arm rest damaged , this in now repaired
 some of the strip down pics

base seat cushion modified to accept a harness anti submarine belt

base cushion still to have stripes sewed in

almost done , just got to hand sew the yellow belt pockets in . the rear yellow panel has stripes sewed in.

second seat still to be done. ade
« : October 15, 2010, 04:57:10 PM stumpy1972uk1 »
gene
YaBB God

: 2908

« #1 : October 15, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »

Hello and welcome on board.

Practicing is how you become a professional - the only way.

I would have thought that a drag racing seat would be made of things that are not flammable. The wood surprised me.

Gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!
stumpy1972uk1

« #2 : October 15, 2010, 05:48:57 PM »

hi , thanks for the welcome , its a street driven van thats got a mid mounted 7 litre blown v8. i was suprised how `basic' the seats are inside and their sold as race seats . corbeau are the make. ade
fragged8
Global Moderator
YaBB God

: 2140

I didn't do it nobody saw me do it , prove it !!

« #3 : December 05, 2010, 06:39:53 PM »

Hi Stumpy

i'm in the uk too, i do marine canvas and a little upholstery in Norfolk

Welcome to the board.

Best not talk litres for engines in here, these guys work on measurement
units from the old empire days hehe.

I do too :-)

7 litres is about 427 ci

stumpy1972uk1

« #4 : December 07, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »

hi , thanks for the welcome , must remember the measurments for future lol. im in the west midlands area.  im practising like mad , got dreams of doing upholstery both furniture and auto full time , dont think theres much call for marine in the midlands . ade
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines