UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:53:09 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The "GREEN" Room!
| | | |-+  Doing some Alpha seats
« previous next »
: [1]
: Doing some Alpha seats  ( 2168 )
206RB

« : November 23, 2010, 06:42:30 PM »

Customer wanted all new foam. The cushion foam is available, but not the backrests! Here's the finished b/r's

I made a mold and poured new foam:

Saddleman

: 185

« #1 : November 23, 2010, 09:22:24 PM »

Very Cool!  Tell me more about your foam molding....Materials used, material sources...etc

Thanks,

Loren

Loren
206RB

« #2 : November 23, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »

Sure, Loren.
I made a mold box out of plywood and a "plug" out of starboard, Then used plaster of paris to make the mold. I used Smooth on flex foamit X for the finished product. There's lots of videos on their site on how to do it.
Saddleman

: 185

« #3 : November 24, 2010, 08:23:15 AM »

Great ideas.  I have used some of Smooth On's molding materials before but not their foam.  Thanks for sharing.

Loren

Loren
206RB

« #4 : December 09, 2010, 07:57:54 PM »

Great ideas.  I have used some of Smooth On's molding materials before but not their foam.  Thanks for sharing.

Loren
Loren, depending on the demand, you could incorporate those gel pacs into the mold very easily. That would be a fun project.
Mike
seamsperfect
YaBB God

: 768

"No worries, I've got you covered"

« #5 : December 10, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »

Looks good if you are doing Alfa Romeo seats just an FYI make sure you spell it Alfa. Alfa  guys hate it spelled otherwise. ::)
Kevin

www.seatkit.com New site coming soon
Your DIY upholstery source
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines