UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 06:11:15 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+ My Community
|-+ General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+ General Discussion
| | |-+ A Diary of a snow shoveler part 1
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: A Diary of a snow shoveler part 1  ( 3868 )
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #15 : February 02, 2011, 07:07:08 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for staying home if the weather is really crappy, but I do know how to drive in the stuff.  The major thing is to slow down and leave plenty of space between your car and the one in front of you.  I always do the "hard brake test" as quickly as I safely can when I leave the driveway.  I accelerate rapidly and see how the drive wheels react, then I hit the brakes hard and see what happens... pretty much tells me how fast to go and how much added braking distance is required. 

(I used to hold a commercial bus driver's license... when you drive something 40' long with passengers you learn pretty quickly the efficacy of slowing down and "driving the horizon"). 
Peppy
YaBB God

: 1006

« #16 : February 02, 2011, 08:44:24 PM »

He says that the roads here really do get slicker than they do up north. Still others have told me "That's BS".
 Having never driven up north during wintery weather, I don't know who to believe. 

I think it's likely that down south you don't have teams of snow plows and salter trucks with every other truck and tractor having a blade or a blower on it. Also practice. Every year the first week of snow people are usually idiots and panic. Then they get  the feel for it, and get comfortable being idiots again.

☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
Darren Henry
YaBB God

: 5579

some days are better than others

« #17 : February 03, 2011, 07:41:18 AM »

Well it's -30c this morning. Has snowed almost everyday for the last three months.

Last week was unseasonably mild with day time highs approaching the freezing mark,but over the weekend it dropped back to -28 C and the wind came up.The windchill yesterday was -41 or forty below. At least we haven't had any more snow for a few days. With the wet conditions and overfull waterways all this snow is going to flood most of southern Manitoba,Saskatchewan, and parts of Alberta. 

You said your lakes could use a little moisture,Peppy; how many tanker trucks can you get ahold of in about 6 weeks?

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!
scottymc
YaBB God

: 516

« #18 : February 03, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »

;D
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines