UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2018, 05:10:16 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sea Ray boat seat upholstery
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Sea Ray boat seat upholstery  ( 6656 )
florida girl

: 43

« #15 : January 27, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »

You know, I could build her what she wants, but I'm not going to drive all the way over there for nothing!  In fact, I'm not going to do it for nothing!  This is "SKILLED LABOR"!
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #16 : January 27, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »

Lol, Kody..  The other thing I just love is this:  "...well, it's really a very simple thing to repair; all you have to do is...". 

A friend of mine suggested I name my business, "You can't, I can".  I loved it, but it really isn't practical now, is it?

Fl.Girl, I concur with the rest of the mob here... turn on your heel and keep on walkin', never looking back. 
florida girl

« #17 : January 27, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »

I've never found "patterns" for boat seats, or for most any upholstery job, have you? 
JuneC
YaBB God

: 3996

« #18 : January 27, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »

Nope.  Now wouldn't a pattern be nice....   Sure would make my life easier.  :-X

June

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1925

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #19 : January 27, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »

My philosophy on this statement is,  "So if I do this frustrating project for a loss, there will be more just like it?"

I can understand that if you are selling a truckload of corn (or a trainload), you can give a better price than if you are selling a bushel.  But labor is labor, and there is no economy of scale unless you get into a production environment of the same thing over and over.

She had said if the price is right, there would be other projects to do. 

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
Highvelocity

: 248

« #20 : January 28, 2011, 09:45:19 AM »

She would be better off having a carpenter frame another seat for her...$$$  Then have it refoamed symetrically...$$$  Then she can recover it to have it all look like crap...hahaha 

Or if she wants to get into the upoholstery trade, she can buy all the right tools and machines...$$$$  Then spend the next 2 years learning how to make anything look good...  "Because it's soooo easy" hahahaha

This thread just brightened my day...can't stop laughing at her ignorance.

Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills
florida girl

« #21 : January 28, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »

She would be better off having a carpenter frame another seat for her...$$$  Then have it refoamed symetrically...$$$  Then she can recover it to have it all look like crap...hahaha 

Or if she wants to get into the upoholstery trade, she can buy all the right tools and machines...$$$$  Then spend the next 2 years learning how to make anything look good...  "Because it's soooo easy" hahahaha

This thread just brightened my day...can't stop laughing at her ignorance.

Problem is that I'm a carpenter as well.  I could do the whole thing! 
Highvelocity

: 248

« #22 : January 31, 2011, 09:01:20 AM »

I am sure you could do the whole thing... The point is the customer is taking things for granted when it's a bit more complicated then that...  But hey I guess its all part of the game

Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills
florida girl

« #23 : January 31, 2011, 04:55:04 PM »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the moral support!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines