UPHOLSTERY DISCUSSION BOARD
HOW TO UPHOLSTER FORUM

Rostov Upholstery Supplies Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 01:02:53 PM
How To Reupholster A Couch, Chair, Ottoman.
Recover Car And Boat Seats. DVDs
Foam Cutters $130+
1/2" and 3/8" crown staple guns- air and Maestri electric.
Upholstery Tools
Long Nose Staplers $124
Sunbrella Fabric     Complete line of Sunbrela fabrics. We also custom sew beautiful cushions from Sunbrella.
Custom Cushions     Custom cushions sewn at a high level of craftsmanship. Choose from fabrics and a range of quality foam.

: Check out CoachTrim's Advanced Leather Workshop and Basic Sewing Course on Suppliers Page
***Please click here www.facebook.com/upholster.upholstery and click "LIKE" for our UPHOLSTER Facebook business page (it will help me promote this free site)-Ken***

EZ Foam Cutters with 240 volts and plugs for Australia, New Zealand and UK and EU.
SPECIAL 110V MODELS $130 (limited time!!) http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

+  My Community
|-+  General Upholstery Questions and Comments
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  "Please" Give Me Your Advice!!! (Bench Top Finish)
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: "Please" Give Me Your Advice!!! (Bench Top Finish)  ( 4132 )
bobbin
YaBB God

: 2237

« #15 : April 09, 2011, 10:07:47 AM »

We call my shop "the NASA clean room", Stitchit.  When it's dark outside the place glows and looks like the space ship in "Close Encounters".  :)  It's hard to miss it when I forget to turn off the lights, lol.  I  am thrilled with the energy efficiency of my shop's lighting.  I don't usually need to use all 3 banks at once and the lighting is excellent with no shadows or "dark spots".  Interestingly, the electrician told me I "didn't need all those lights", but the total is what my research showed was considered correct for the application. 

Using biscuits to join widths is an excellent idea!  We simply cut basic sheets to side and applied them to the bases, so my tables are 48" x 96" and on casters.  I have 5 of them, and 2 or those have a drop down leaf that is 24" x 96" and supported by fold down legs.  They don't line up perfectly with each other however, but for my purposes that isn't critical, mobility is.  The biggest discrepancy is a scant 1/4" and I can deal with that. 

You will never regret spending time and money on good tabling.  Smart use of money!
Mike8560

« #16 : April 09, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »

I our in a work shop
at my home I havnt finninshed it all yet but I sulating rhe building I used foam board with a foil Finnish the ligh reflexs great. 

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/photo-93.jpg
byhammerandhand
YaBB God

: 1920

"By hammer and hand, all arts do stand."

« #17 : April 09, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »

I'm late to this party, but you have at least three options for edge-banding:

1. Iron on edge banding, available in white melamine.

2. Plastic T-molding, pressed into a slot cut with a router.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=1181

3. Solid wood edging, glued onto the edge and eased

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Latex Mattress    Foam Order allows you to design your own latex mattress using layers of certified natural and organic components.
Organic Mattress     Foam Order makes a wonderful organic mattress using certified natural and organic components. Choose your own firmness.
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines