• Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.
July 06, 2020, 08:41:36 am


Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Just a question: Pirelli or Perelli?

Started by Inger-in-Norway, December 14, 2017, 12:59:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic


This shop, to which the forum belongs, sell among other things 'Perelli webbing'. When I added it to the webshop, I was told to call it so. I'm wondering if the name should be Pirelli, as I know that there is a big company in Italy by that name, that produce various rubber products. Here in Europe, they are best known for car and motorbike tyres, but in an earlier discussion here some of you were talking about Pirelli webbing. Please take a look at the page http://www.upholster.com/upholstery-supplies/upholstery-webbing/perelli-rubber-webbing.html and compare it to this: http://www.jamiltonupholstery.co.uk/pirelli-webbing . To me, they look the same. Am I right or wrong?


I'm pretty sure it's the same as the tire company. Now you have me wondering.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.


December 14, 2017, 02:43:11 am #2 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:44:09 am by sofadoc
The brand (of rubber webbing) that is the industry standard is spelled Pirelli.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban


Pirelli. That's what I have on the '65. Not.

I have never seen the spelling 'perelli'.