• Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.
July 09, 2020, 07:31:58 pm


Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help identifying hardware

Started by Boyde, February 21, 2018, 08:16:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic


Quote from: sofadoc on February 23, 2018, 03:39:27 pm
Here's a couple of clips that I have.


These clips look like they might work, and the glue idea is a good one.  I shall try to locate those clips from the information printed on the box in the pic.  If not successful I shall be back and ask for more assistance

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.



"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

On seats like that you can also use tacking strip and staple the covers on. tacking strip is a hard rubber 1/2" wide by 1/4" thick by the yard that is used on convertible tops by the auto guys. I've riveted it onto several motorcycle pans, tractor seats etc...

I ran out on the last tractor seat I had to do so used 1/4" plywood to finish. It was tedious cutting a 1/2" wide piece of plywood the shape of the seat---but it works.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!